Today is the start of Day 2s for the 2015 WSOP Main Event. I was reviewing the updates to see what had happened on Day 1C, and learned that:
- A record number of entrants started Day 1C – over 3900
- A total of 6,420 players entered the event, down from a 6,683 entrants last year
- 4,389 players remain in this year’s Main Event
- For ten years straight, the WSOP Main Event has drawn over 6300 entrants.
- Phil Ivey is in the field. He arrived at the WSOP about a week ago to play the Hi Rollers’ ONE DROP tournament.
- Phil Hellmuth arrived late (to starting Day 1C) as usual, at dinner time last night, with no frills as in previous years
- Phil Hellmuth and Phil Ivey ended up at the same table. PokerNews has a great photo of them yacking it up.
Fun stat for those of us from Massachusetts: 2.5% of the Top 200 in the remaining field are from Massachusetts.
- Sean Hegarty – 133,825
- Jonathan Jaffe – 116,400
- Theodore Driscoll – 93,975
- Eugene Roemischer – 93,375
- Lokesh Garg – 92,850
More coverage and stats at the Las Vegas Review-Journal.