Alas, the last hopes for the 2009 November Nine to shine in the 2010 WSOP Main Event were dashed on Day 5 (Wednesday, the 14th), when the final remaining November Niner, Eric Buchman busted out in 549th place.
Buchman had started the day in 351st place, short stacked with 250,000 in chips. Prop bets aside, Buchman earned $24,709 for his 2010 WSOP Main Event efforts…plus a boat load of respect from fellow November Niners and poker pros alike. He beat out 6770 other runners!
So let’s review…
Here’s the results for the 2009 November Nine playing in the 2010 WSOP Main Event:
- Eric Buchman – Started day 1D; Eliminated Day 5
- Joseph Cada – Started day 1C; Eliminated Day 3
- Steven Begleiter – Started day 1C; Eliminated Day ?
- Kevin Schaffel – Started day 1A; Eliminated Day ?
- Darvin Moon – Started day 1D; Eliminated Day 2B
- Jeff Shulman – Started day 1D; Eliminated Day 2B
- Antoine Saout – Started day 1D; Eliminated Day 2B
- Phil Ivey – Started day 1D; Eliminated early Day 2B
- James Akenhead – Started day 1A; Eliminated Day 2A
Where we at with the Main Event?
- Day 6, Level 21
- Players remaining = 205
- We are in the money (747 paid)
- Pre-Action Day 6 chip counts – 2010 WSOP Main Event current chip counts
- Action starts = Noon today